Winning Entries Announced:
Todd Anderson for his blog post.
Alex Liebert for his blog post.
Thanks to everyone for their participation.
NO PURCHASE OR DOWNLOAD NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The Adobe Runtimes Prerelease Content Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Adobe Systems Incorporated, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110 ("Adobe" or "Sponsor") and runs September 1, 2011 through October 8, 2011.
(1) Eligibility: The Contest is offered only to all natural persons, age 18 and older as of the date of entry, who are currently participating in the Flash® Player 11 and/or Adobe AIR® 3 pre-release programs and whose Submission (as defined below) will be published on or before October 8, 2011, whose topic covers at least one new feature in Flash Player 11 or Adobe AIR 3, and are residents of the United States, excluding residents in the state of Arizona. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising promotion and fulfillment agencies, legal advisors, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Void where prohibited by law.
(3) Prizes: Two (2) winners will each receive one (1) Samsung Galaxy Tablet valued at US$500. No alternative prize, cash equivalent, or other substitution is permitted except by Sponsor in the event of prize unavailability. Prize is nontransferable. Limit one prize per person. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner is also responsible for all Internet access fees and service charges.
(4) Judging and Winner Selection: Conformance of entries with these Official Rules shall be determined by the judges, whose decisions on all matters related to this Contest are final. Altered, illegible, or incomplete entry forms will be disqualified. After each Submission is screened for compliance with the entry requirements by Sponsor, it will be judged by a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor in accordance with the criteria set forth below. The judges’ decisions are final and binding. Two (2) winners s will be selected based on the Submission’s :
- Technical Presentation – Is the article/tutorial well constructed and both inviting and easy to read/view.
- Originality – does this article/tutorial cover a new topic or does it cover an existing topic in unique or creative manner.
- Clarity of explanation – are the explanations of features and examples written in a manner that is easy to follow and understand.
- Quality and breadth of examples - do the examples clearly illustrate the technical issue(s) being covered by the article/tutorial.
- Quality of code samples or sample application-- is the example code easy to setup, easy to read and function as advertised.
Submissions will be judged between October 9, 2011 and October 19, 2011. Winners will be selected on October 19th, 2011. All potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules. Upon final verification, winners will be contacted via the email or mailing address the participant provided upon entry on or before October 24th, 2011, and will have ten (10) days from receipt of notification to accept the prize by e-mail. Such acceptance will include the execution of a declaration of compliance as well as a release of liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law). If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to acknowledge winning status within the specified time frame, or fails to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, including without limitation the requirement to return the executed declaration and releases described above within the specified time frame, the potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Adobe is not responsible for and shall not be held liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. By accepting and/or using the prize, winner agrees to the use of the winner's name, voice or likeness for the purposes of trade, advertising, or promotion without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
(5) General Terms and Conditions: Conduct of Contest and selection of winners are in Sponsor's sole discretion, and Sponsor's decisions are final and binding. By participating, entrants agree that Sponsor, its agents and representatives, and Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries; (ii) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel Contest at any time if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and hold Sponsor, its shareholders, agents and representatives, and Contest Entities, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
(6) Winners List: A winners list will be posted on http://learn.adobe.com/wiki/display/RCRules by November 8, 2011.