- Selecting months is a very common task.
- Rather than re-creating a months menu everytime you need one, create a re-useable component.
- The new custom MXML component inherits the properties, methods and events of the original Flex component
- MXML components do not have the Application component tags
- Custom MXML components can reference other Flex components
- Custom MXML components can not be named the same as existing Flex components
- The component file name becomes the name of the custom component that is used in your application
- Create a namespace to have access to your components directory or to a specific component in the directory. (xmlns:custom="components.*")
- Call your component with the namespace you created ( <custom:ComboBoxMonths id="month" />)